CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Meet Fostina..


This is my sponsor child that I got at woman of faith her name is Fostina she lives with her parents 1 brother and 2 sisters. Fostina and her family live in a community severely affected by AIDS. She's just a little older than Sawyer. I picked her because of the sadness I saw in her so hopefully the next picture I receive of her she'll have a smile on her face! I know she's really young so it may be awhile before I can send her letters, but I am really excited to talk to her, and show her the Lords love through my monthly contribution. They said she likes to play with toys. She helps at home by learning to do small tasks and that she is in satisfactory health. One of the Woman of faith told this really sad story about when they went to Africa they met a woman names Rebecca who told them a story on how Rebecca could no longer afford to feed her family and was thinking about selling one of the healthiest little boys. Shortly after she received word that that little boy was chosen by a family with 2 little boys to sponsor and that the money she received each month was enough to support her whole family and enough to even buy seeds to produce in income of there own. I am really excited about Fostina and who knows maybe someday God will have a plan to send me a little closer to her in missions.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's like the little sister you never had??:)